The Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) declared that all persons are entitled to full and complete information regarding the affairs of government and the official acts and policies of those who represent them as public officials and public employees consistent with the terms of the Act.
The central contact of all FOIA’s for Piatt County Public Transportation (Piattran):
Secretary, Piatt County Board
101 W. Washington Street
Courthouse - Room 105
Monticello, IL 61856
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30am to 4:30pm
Requests may be submitted: in person or mailed to 101 W. Washington Street, Courthouse - Room 105, Monticello, IL 61856; by phone 217.762.3111; faxed to 217.762.7563; and/or emailed to Email: email@example.com.
Five (5) business days from the day after the public body receives the request. Piatt County’s business days are Monday thru Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm.
However, that time period may be extended for an additional five (5) business days from the date of the original due date if:
- The requested information is stored at a different location;
- The request requires the collection of a substantial number of documents;
- The request requires an extensive search;
- The requested records have not been located and require additional effort to find;
- The requested records need to be reviewed by staff who can determine whether they are exempt from FOIA;
- The requested records cannot be produced without unduly burdening the public body or interfering with its operations; or
- The request requires the public body to consult with another public body that has substantial interest in the subject matter of the request.
- If additional time is needed, the public body must notify the requester in writing within five (5) business days after the receipt of the request of the statutory reasons for the extension and when the requested information will be produced.